Pages

Friday, October 21, 2011

Epic Shoots

I remember much of my childhood revolving around posed photo shoots.  The traditional family pictures where parents dress their children in matching sweaters and comb-overs (the norm in a family of three boys), which if I'm not mistaken were taken at church, followed by the extended family pictures where every family is designated a specific color, which never match.  Then there's every dance that I've ever been to; homecoming, sweetheart, winter carnival, prom, etc..  Finally there's graduation, which involves a picture with everyone in the extended family using the same three poses; with hat, without hat, and diploma/hat combination.

Finally, its time to have unposed, natural fun...

At a dance party in your apartment.







Or a mild sandstorm in the south of Spain.







Or a medieval castle outside of Bilbao.







Basic Spanish
Necesito - I need

Advanced Spanish
Eres Pringado - Push-over / Whipped / Teacher's pet

Basque
Aita (Ay-ta) - Dad

British English
Hench - Buff, Hunk, Beef-cake (describing an attractive, strong guy)

2 comments:

  1. I'm really intrigued by the sandstorm photos; the horizon/sky combo is spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Geecasandra!! I will have to admit it was purely by accident that that combo appears in my photos. I'll put others on my flicker.

    ReplyDelete