Pages

Saturday, October 30, 2010

Gernika, without the bombs

The little town of Gernika is situated just a half an hour outside of Bilbao.  It's a town nestled between a couple of mountain ranges.  Every Monday during the harvest, Gernika is in holiday.  They have a wonderful fresh food market and a magnificent history.  This Monday was also unique.  The last Monday in October is the last Monday of the harvest year.  Here you have the opportunity to sample cheese, cider, and stock your kitchens with the finest foods Gernika has to offer.  It is a truly gastronomical wonder.  We went by bus early in the morning and we left by train in the mid afternoon full of cheese, cider, and txorizo in talao.  Good day, great experience.


Plagued by Injuries
Liz and I have been hear for nearly 1 month and already we have a laundry list of injuries.  In the first couple of days Liz and I had already consumed half a bottle of antacid and I suffered from from a nice case of insomnia for a bit.  My next injury was what Liz considers a "sympathy" injury since my father had just hurt his meniscus and Jermichael Finely had done the same.  I injured my knee for about 2 weeks, which seems OK, but when you have to walk everywhere, it kind of sucks.  Recently, I have been continually suffering from lingering aliments.


Pumpkin Carving
Pumpkin carving was a blast!!  We recorded it and sped it up and tried to make a cool movie for our students, but the lack of technology at my school failed me.


Sick of Halloween
Halloween hasn't even come and I'm already tired of it.  I have given the same 55 minute presentation to 12 classes and I am glad that it is officially over.  Thanksgiving here I come.  Well, until next time, stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment